Most people use the Chrome browser on their mobile phones to browse a website and may have to block inappropriate websites from the browser for a variety of reasons.
Do you want to block a website on your Chrome Mobile? Then no need to worry. Here I will show you the easiest way to block a website on Chrome browser.
If you block a website by following this procedure, it won’t only be blocked in the Chrome browser, but also it will be blocked from your entire phone. That means you cannot visit the blocked website using any browser other than the Chrome browser.
How to Block a Website on Chrome Mobile?
The most popular Chrome extension used to block a website on a computer is “Blocksite“. Luckily, they have also an Android app to block a website on your mobile phone that is officially available in the Play Store. Here I will show you the process to block a website using this app. So, let’s get started.
Just follow these steps to block a website on Chrome mobile:
- Open Play Store on your mobile phone.
- Search “BlockSite” and install the app.
- Once the app is installed, tap Open to launch it on your phone.
- After opening the app, it will ask for some permissions to access your phone, you should enable or grant these permissions. Because these permissions are necessary for the app to block a website.
- Tap the + icon at the bottom right corner.
- Enter the website address you want to block in the Search bar (Here I have entered google.com just for an example, you should enter the website you want to block) and then tap the + icon next to the website.
- Now tap Done. And that’s it! The website will be successfully blocked on your mobile phone.
Important: If you uninstall this app from your mobile phone after blocking a website, the blocked website will be unblocked. So you must keep this app installed on your phone.
It is important to lock the BlockSite app after blocking a website. So that no one can open the app and unlock the blocked website. Thankfully, BlockSite has inbuilt applock feature. You can lock the BlockSite app from this app’s settings. So, you do not need to use any third-party app to lock this app.
If you ever need to unblock a blocked website for any reason, then Open BlockSite app » Tap the Delete icon. That’s it, the website will be unblocked on your mobile phone.
I hope this article will be very helpful for you. Now you can block a website on Chrome Mobile. But if you still have any question or problem, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?