Do you want to learn how to change your WhatsApp phone number?
People change their WhatsApp number for various reasons. If you ever need to change your phone number, there is no reason to worry. Because WhatsApp natively allows you to change your number. So, you can do it very easily.
What Happens When You Change Your WhatsApp Number?
When you change your WhatsApp number, your profile information, groups and settings will be transferred from your old phone number to your new phone number. That means if you change your WhatsApp number, you will not lose your old data. But it will delete the account associated with your old phone number, so your contacts will no longer be able to see your old phone number in their WhatsApp contact list.
How to Change WhatsApp Phone Number?
You can easily change your WhatsApp phone number on your phone. You can do it on the same phone or a new phone. Both processes are shown step by step below.
On the Same Phone
Before following the steps, you need to insert the SIM card with the new phone number into your phone and make sure that it can receive SMS or phone calls.
Follow these steps to change your WhatsApp phone number on the same phone:
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap Three dots from the top right corner and then tap Settings.
- Go to Account » Change number.
- Tap Next.
- Now enter your Old phone number in the first field and your New phone number in the second field. Then tap Next.
- If you want to notify your contacts about your new number, then enable Notify contacts. After that choose who will be notified from All contacts, Contacts I have chat with or Custom numbers. And then tap Done.
[Note: All the groups you’ve previously joined will be notified automatically.]
WhatsApp will prompt you to register the new phone number. You will then receive a 6-digit code via an SMS or phone call. Enter the code to complete the registration process. That’s it!
On a New Phone
The process of changing the WhatsApp number on a new phone is a bit longer than the process of changing the number on the same phone.
To change your WhatsApp number on a new phone, you first need to create a backup on your old phone. Then change the number on your old phone following the process shown earlier.
After that follow the steps below using your new phone:
- Install WhatsApp on your new phone.
- Register your new phone number again.
- Restore your backup.
Your WhatsApp number will be successfully changed without losing your previous chats. And that’s it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?