Taking screenshot is very important for storing any information that appears on the screen. The process of taking screenshot is a little different on some phones. Today I am gonna show you how to take a screenshot on your Samsung phone. Not only that I will also show you some different processes of taking screenshot. So, let’s begin.
How to Take Screenshot using Buttons
It’s very easy to take a screenshot using buttons on your Samsung phone like most Android smartphones. When you want to take a screenshot, just hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously for a second. Then the screen will flash and the screenshot will be captured.
But if your phone has a Home button, there is a little difference. Then you have to hold the Power and Home button together for a second to take a screenshot. That’s it!
[Note: The position of the buttons on your phone may be different, so keep your eye on the buttons I have mentioned.]back to menu ↑
Take Screenshot on Samsung Phone using Palm Swipe
This method allows you to take a screenshot by swiping the edge of your hand across the screen. But it has some problems. If you can’t swipe properly, it often fails to take screenshot. And also you can’t take screenshot while the keyboard is shown. Anyway if you want to take a screenshot with this way, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings » Advanced features » Motions and gestures.
- Turn on the Palm swipe to capture.
- Now you can take a screenshot by swiping the edge of your hand across the screen like below.
How to Take Screenshot with your Voice
It’s one kind of magical way to take a screenshot on your Samsung phone. Because you can take screenshot without touching your phone with your voice following this method. It’s is very useful when you are unable to take a screenshot with other methods. To take a screenshot with a simple voice command, you need to set up Bixby Voice or Google Assistant on your phone. And then follow the instructions below.
Here’s the steps to take a screenshot with your voice:
Open the screen you want to capture.
Say “Hey, Google” or “Hey, Bixby” to activate the voice assistant.
After activating the voice assistant, say “Take a screenshot“. And boom! The screenshot will be captured automatically.
[Note: If you capture the screenshot in this way, you won’t be able to Edit or Scroll capture.]back to menu ↑
Take Screenshot on Samsung Phone with S Pen
If you are a smartphone user of Samsung’s Note series, then obviously you have an S Pen. And you can take screenshot with the S Pen very easily. Follow the steps below to take a screenshot with S Pen.
- Open the screen you want to capture.
- Remove the S Pen from your phone.
- Tap the Air command menu icon.
- Tap Screen write. The screenshot will be captured.
- Then tap the Save icon. The screenshot will be saved in Gallery. That’s it!
Take Screenshot on Samsung Phone using Assistant menu
The Assistant menu is one of the most useful tools for Samsung phones. But it’s menu icon always appears on the screen, it may not be comfortable for some people. On the other hand, it has many advantages like you can use it to control power button, volume, navigation buttons etc. Anyway, if you want to use the Assistant menu for taking screenshot, then follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings » Accessibility » Interaction and dexterity.
- You will find Assistant menu. Turn it on. Then you will see a Menu icon on the screen of your phone.
- Tap the Menu icon and then tap on Screenshots. That’s it!
How to Take Scrolling Screenshot on Samsung Phone
If you want to capture screenshot of a long page, then it would be very helpful for you. Because you can capture the whole page in one screenshot using this method. By default, this feature is enabled on all Samsung phones. But if it’s not enabled on your phone, go to Settings » Advanced features » Screenshots. Then you will find Screenshot toolbar. Enable it.
After that follow the steps below.
- Open the screen you want to capture.
- Take a screenshot using any method shown above (Except the Voice Assistant method).
- After taking the screenshot, a bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. Now tap the Scroll capture (Downward arrow) icon. Then, tap it a second time to continue the scroll capture process. Keep tapping the icon until it reaches your desired spot or the bottom of the page.
I hope now you can take a screenshot on your Samsung phone in a variety of ways. If you still have any questions or problems you can leave a comment below. Thanks.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?